Essay Procrastination- To Jump or Play?

Hot on the heels of spring, I’ve started to become uncontrollably excited about what the new season has to offer. Having stepped out the other day, perhaps all too eagerly in a little summer frock and jacket, a freak snow storm followed by monsoon showers firmly reminded me that winter was NOT over. If you’re like me and suffering from those relentless winter blues, it’s time to jump on the summer band wagon and embrace this seasons essential; the all-in-one.

Being only 5’3 and in every danger of getting it very, very wrong, I am still yet to take that leap into the world of the jumpsuit. I love the idea of throwing on a playful romper and feeling gorgeously feminine and sophisticated, but the fear of looking half my age has managed to put me off every time. After spying these little beauties I’ve decided it’s time to give the all-in-one a second chance...

Derek Lam has tempted me back to the laid-back playsuit with oh so cute floral prints teamed with devilishly alluring, ultra-feminine shapes. Whilst fit for a night on the town, these all-in-ones are guaranteed to bring out the mischievous child in you. This season the romper-suit is certainly not to be taken seriously. Bright aztec prints, ditsy florals and bold colours make this seasons staple as frivolous as its name implies. Even I might embrace the frivolity that Lam’s creations have thrown our way. Shame the student loan won’t stretch to one...

The high street has given us just enough to satisfy our stingy student cravings. Let yourself go with this sweet offering from Urban Outfitters. Sumptuous spring flowers adorn this ultra-feminine onesy for a flirty take on the traditional play-suit. Or get your tribal paints and tassles at the ready for this vivacious romper from ASOS. A steal at £35 you can’t go wrong with its dynamite Aztec print to breathe new life into your wardrobe this season.


For evening, take the tone down with elegant yet understated jumpsuits. Gorgeous sultry satins in subdued, neutral hues are this seasons answer to the traditional LBD. Strewn across the spring summer catwalks, all-in-ones oozed sophistication. Lanvin draped Grecian goddesses in luxurious silks with harem style bottoms. Admittedly not the easiest style to pull off, I know I might just be staring longingly at these........



Zara has stepped up to the mark with this demure evening ensemble; effortlessly chic shape- check, natural earthy tones- check, impulse to grab your bag and head to Oxford street NOW- check. This one certainly ticks all the boxes. For a sexier take on Zara’s picture of perfection, try this bombshell from ASOS to release the glamourpuss within you.



While the ever-so-cute ditsy playsuits are the definition of summer fun, they just don’t seem to be satisfying my usually sweet tooth. I think the understated sophistication of the full-length, red-carpet worthy variety will be my first venture into the world of the jumpsuit. So excuse me but I’m off to shops to get in on some all-in-one action...



Miss Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment