Wishlist - Burberry Boots

I know that you'r expecting me to be talking about the hiking boots, but I'm actually referring to something a little more classic. Sort of.

Meet the thigh-high, the basis of every shoe-induced fantasy and late-night sweat of recent weeks. So luxuriously crafted - a fact echoed in the £900 price tag - and a welcome break from the sea of shearling we've found ourselves adrift in this winter.

If, like me, you've run out of leather options to satisfy the seemingly unquenchable need (trousers, slightly looser trousers, short shorts, slightly shorter short shorts, pencil skirt, skater skirt, in-between-pencil-and-skater skirt etc etc) then these boots are a logical progression.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the high-street is currently offering a few desirable pairs, and that Topshop alone has enough styles to cater for any thigh-high need, but Burberry has done such a deliciously, unmatchably good job with this pair (also available in python-print leather which is almost too orgasmic) that anything else, direct copycat (read: rip-off) or not, would feel like blasphemy.

I did consider setting my sights slightly lower (pardon the several puns), aiming at this over-the-knee pair for a measly (pah!) £700. I'd be able to pay that debt off far quicker and would probably manage to walk in these platformed beauties marginally better, although any damage caused by the thigh-highs would naturally be attributed to London's pesky pavements.

But I don't want to be in the upper-knee territory; I want to be thigh-high, the thigh's the limit, to thigh-finity and beyond. Okay, I'm delirious and will stop now. But I'm sure I can make one leg longer than the other so if anyone working on Burberry's production line sees a pair differing in length not fit for sale (preferably in a size 8 but I'll settle for anything in a size 4 upwards) then please send them this way.

NB - when writing this I came up with what is probably not a genius idea but I'm running with it - leather thigh/knee-high socks. Comments/therapy etc welcome.


Jessica Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment